Okay, I'm not dead, but it has been almost 2 months since I've posted! Whew! Here's the news from the work desk of Caitie Beardmore.
First of all (start singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" in your head).. in a couple weeks I’ll be moving to Indianapolis. Oh, now stop crying! I won’t be gone long! I’m going to finish my bachelor’s in Catholic studies with a concentration in youth ministry. YoungLife was God’s way of confirming part of my vocation and I am so excited! There’s something peaceful about finding the thing you were made to do! I can’t wait. I’ll still be involved in YL but it will be just a little different set-up. Ruby is joining me on staff and I think everything is going to work out very well!
I am a little nervous, however, about the living situation! I am going to be on-campus, in a dorm and hopefully in a single room. I’m on the waiting list for that, but I am praying that it will work out! I just cannot imagine being matched with an 18 year old freshman who hasn’t really ever been away from home and wants to try things like smoking and staying up past 9pm, you know? Pray for me, if you can.
Laura and Michaela are in charge of praying for my love-life. Marian is close to the hospitals in Indy and I plan on reading to sick children or doing something equally as inspirational in hopes of running into my future husband, who may be in medical school as we speak! I figure we’ll already have things to talk about as he would be studying to become a doctor and I am a total hypochondriac.
The Irish festival was a couple weeks ago.. Michaela, Amy, Clement and Ryan came up for it! Besides some incidents with my cousins who come in from Ireland every year, I think everyone had a good time! It was MUCH better than last year, as Gaelic Storm didn’t come back. Ugh! What pains in the ass! Anyway, I already have people asking about next year, so that’s good!
It’s my birthday month now! I am trying really hard to keep myself calm because I usually hype it up so much that when the fireworks, 5 tiered cake and special celebrity appearance by John Corbett don’t happen, I get bummed! It’s just like New Years Eve. Laura and Mikey are working on a surprise birthday/going away party, so I’ll try to leave it in their very-capable hands! They know what an auspicious day it is! LOL!
Also this month is the Bishop’s party! We Beardmore kids might be planning something for him.. We’re excited. It should be a great night. I heard there was going to be another “party” celebrating his retirement in a different way. I hope this is not the case. Very sad. It’s been on my mind, though I know I’ve mentioned this before (Elisabeth – We love “The Bish”!), I just cannot get over the unkind attitude towards our bishop. It’s sooo unbecoming of good Catholics.. The assumptions made about him, Central Catholic, other parishes.. ugh! I just can’t stand it.
Enough venting.. cuz my BFF is knocked up! Go Dan, go Dan!! Laura told me in the cutest way and I completely freaked out! May have scandalized the little chap! But he/she is going to have the best mom and dad (and Auntie Caitie) ever and I can’t wait to meet the kid! It was funny to see my last post was her wedding and now she’s preggie!! Yay! She really will be an amazing mom.. balanced, consistent and already wise. Being the oldest of 8, I can see that she has similar views on things to my mom’s who’s been doing this for quite some time. I can’t wait to see Laura in action!
I spent this past weekend in Cincinnati for my cousin’s graduation party! I took almost all the cousins to an Improv show in my aunt’s 15 passenger van and on the way home, whenever we were stopped at red lights, the kids would sway from one side to the other and make the van rock! It was hilarious! I would try to keep a straight face and pretend like I didn’t notice anything. The drivers around us would stare and look like they were about to get out of their car, come up to the window and ask if my kids were buckled! Haha! I also got to spend time with my Auntie Trish this weekend. Sometimes I wish I lived in Cleveland just to live closer to her! She my favorite Aunt of ALL TIME! She’s coming this weekend but I think I will try to visit there more often when I am living in Indy!
Anyway, that’s all I got! I will probably blog more often when I live in Indy to keep people updated. J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! a blog from Caitie! Excited to have you in Indy--I'll be here until November, so we can hang out!
I'm glad to hear you liked my nickname...but you didn't tell him that, did you? Or at least, not who said it? I've only been in the Church 4 1/2 years, I'm not wanting to be excommunicated already!!! ;)
Haha No, he'd love it! It's an endearing name! :) LOL! Yeah, I'll definitely call you when I'm down there! :)
You SHOULD post more often! And keep saying great things about me ;)
Laura! How am I supposed to work in your only good quality over and over into my blogs!!? HAHA :)
Post a Comment